Indulge in the rich and nutty flavors of our Fresh Hazelnut Liqueur recipe! This homemade liqueur captures the essence of hazelnuts and vanilla, creating a delightful and aromatic drink that can be enjoyed on its own or used as a delicious addition to various cocktails and desserts. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of patience, you can create your own high-quality hazelnut liqueur at home. Get ready to savor the smooth and decadent taste of this delightful beverage.
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts (4.8 oz.)
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 cup high-quality vodka (240 ml / 8.1 fl oz.)
- ¼ cup powdered Erythritol or 15-20 drops stevia
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 8-10 minutes until fragrant and golden.
- Cut the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- While the hazelnuts are still hot, transfer them to a glass jar and add the vanilla seeds.
- Pour the vodka over the hazelnuts and vanilla beans in the jar.
- Seal the jar and let it infuse for 2-4 weeks, allowing the flavors to meld and develop. The longer the infusion time, the more pronounced the flavor will be.
- After the waiting period, remove the vanilla beans from the jar and set them aside.
- Drain the infused hazelnuts, reserving the hazelnut extract.
- Place the hazelnuts in a blender and pulse 3-4 times until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer the chopped hazelnuts to a pot, add water, and bring the mixture to a boil for a minute.
- Remove the pot from heat and strain the mixture through a sieve to extract any residual fluid. Combine this fluid with the rest of the hazelnut extract.
- Pour the entire extract through a sieve to ensure no pieces are left behind.
- Discard the chopped hazelnuts.
- If desired, add powdered Erythritol or stevia to sweeten the liqueur. Mix well to incorporate the sweetener.
- Pour the hazelnut extract into a sterilized glass jar and seal it closed.
YIELD: One batch of Fresh Hazelnut Liqueur.
- Use high-quality hazelnuts and vodka to achieve the best flavor in the liqueur.
- Ensure the hazelnuts are toasted until golden and fragrant to enhance their nutty profile.
- The infusion time of 2-4 weeks allows the flavors to develop and intensify, resulting in a bolder liqueur.
- Straining the hazelnut mixture multiple times ensures a smooth and refined texture.
- Adjust the sweetness of the liqueur by adding your preferred low-carb sweetener according to taste.
In conclusion, our Fresh Hazelnut Liqueur recipe offers a homemade and delectable way to enjoy the rich flavors of hazelnuts and vanilla. By infusing toasted hazelnuts and vanilla beans in high-quality vodka, you can create a smooth and aromatic liqueur that is perfect for sipping or incorporating into various culinary creations.
The process of creating this hazelnut liqueur requires patience as the flavors develop over a few weeks of infusion. The toasting of the hazelnuts enhances their nuttiness, while the addition of vanilla beans adds a touch of warmth and complexity. Straining the liqueur multiple times ensures a refined and silky texture.
Once the liqueur is ready, you can enjoy it on its own, over ice, or use it to enhance the flavors of cocktails and desserts. The options are endless! Consider drizzling it over ice cream, using it as an ingredient in baked goods, or adding a splash to your favorite coffee beverage for a delightful twist.
When preparing this liqueur, make sure to use high-quality ingredients, including the hazelnuts and vodka, to achieve the best flavor. Adjust the sweetness to your preference by adding a low-carb sweetener of your choice.
So, gather your ingredients, exercise a little patience during the infusion period, and get ready to savor the luxurious taste of our Fresh Hazelnut Liqueur. Treat yourself to a homemade delight that will elevate your drinking and culinary experiences.