Indulge in the delightful flavors of Mediterranean cuisine with our Greek-style orzo and spinach soup. Bursting with the zesty essence of lemon, this simple yet satisfying soup is a culinary journey to Greece. The combination of fresh baby spinach, hearty tofu, and tender orzo pasta in a vegetable broth creates a wholesome and comforting meal. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and satisfy your hunger.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, cubed
- ½ cup dried orzo
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine the minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable broth, salt, and thinly sliced onion. Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook on low for 6–8 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- After the initial cooking time has elapsed, gently stir in the cubed extra-firm tofu. Continue cooking on high for an additional 30 minutes to infuse the soup with the tofu’s texture and flavor.
- Finally, introduce the dried orzo and fresh baby spinach to the soup. Stir the ingredients together, ensuring even distribution. Let the soup simmer on high for an additional 15 minutes, allowing the orzo to cook to perfection and the spinach to wilt just enough.
- Before serving, give the Greek-style orzo and spinach soup a final stir to combine all the elements harmoniously. Ladle the warm, aromatic soup into bowls, and savor the bright, robust flavors that lemon zest adds to this Mediterranean-inspired delight. Enjoy!
This soup serves 6, making it a great choice for a family dinner or a gathering with friends. Share the taste of Greece with your loved ones and relish the comforting and refreshing qualities of this Greek-style orzo and spinach soup.